REGIONAL CHANGE LEAD
Who we are?
Oxfam Great Britain is a leading global development and humanitarian organisation. We have been working in the East Asia Region for the past 50 years on issues of poverty reduction, economic inequality, and social exclusion. Currently, we operate in Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Indonesian citizen to fill the following
position as part of our regional team:
REGIONAL CHANGE LEAD (BUILDING EFFECTIVE GOVERNMENTS)
Reference Number: INT3457
2 year fixed term contract based in Jakarta with frequent travel from working base to the rest of the region
• To lead the implementation and monitoring of the
Regional Change Strategy in the region, with a focus on the
theme of building effective governments.
• To deliver support to country programmes on all aspects
of the regional theme, building effective and accountable governments,
especially on Governance work, consistent with the
National Change Strategy – ensuring quality and integration
• To help develop country programmes’ ability to
consistently learn from their work and feed that into
the region through innovative means and knowledge management,
including the digital vision (using IT and mobile technologies).
• To keep abreast with new thinking in areas of
‘Governance’ such as budget accountability, decentralisation,
participatory planning etc., and deliver support in integrating
‘governance’ and advocacy work into programming.
• To work closely with the Country Director/
Senior Management Team of the country where the post is based,
to decide on country priorities and work plans.
• To support country programmes to deliver and develop
impact indicators and develop a monitoring and evaluation framework
at the regional level to measure the regional theme on building
• To develop different approaches to programme delivery
and partnership/alliances to support the Regional Change Strategy,
including the private sector.
• To develop a network of resources and proactively seek
technical support from external agencies and within Oxfam to improve
programme quality, learning and innovation.
• At least 5 years of experience of working in governance
and social accountability areas
• Indonesian citizen
• Experience in working with civil society groups,
mass organisations or movements
• Experience in building capacities of civil society groups
• Demonstrated experience in engaging with Governments on
Budget Monitoring, Decentralisation, participatory planning etc
• High levels of spoken and written English
• Understanding of impact, monitoring and evaluation and
ability to put theory into practice
• Knowledge of Information Technology and ability
to use it in programming and learning
• Ability to undertake travel away from home base essential,
up to 12–16 weeks a year (indicative)
Oxfam Great Britain offers an attractive benefits package
The closing date: Monday November 16th, 2009
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can apply online, apply online at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/jobsusing the job reference INT3457.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam GB is an equal opportunity employer
Lowongan LSM Oxfam