Lowongan Kerja International Finance Corporation (IFC)
International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. Our purpose is to create opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives in the areas where it’s needed most.
- Helping companies find ways to profitably establish sustainable plantations on degraded lands.
- Addressing the costs associated with plantation on degraded lands including:
- Issues related to difficulty of access, soil limitations and lower productivity; and
- Social issues and related costs such as conflicts over the use of land and distribution of benefits from cultivation.
The program is now procuring a national consultant :
- Provide inputs and recommendations to the Sustainable Forestry team on land allocation and social engagement issues in to support the implementation of this objective at selected provinces and/or districts. The Consultant is expected to: two provinces
- Support the capacity building and dialogue process to be conducted by a selected firm, especially in developing networks, building relationship with all related stakeholders and conducting the monitoring and evaluation process. selected by IFC
B. Scope of Work
The work is to be undertaken over fifteen (15) months period from April – June 2011 with an estimated maximum of a hundred and twenty five (125) person-days, of which 75 days are anticipated to be spent working with local government officials in two districts to be selected by IFC. The work is as outlined below:
- Prepare a short paper that summarizes the degraded land allocation processes in Indonesia and describes experiences of social engagement, including company and community initiatives and local government experience in helping companies and communities avoid land-related conflict.. The paper will serve as reference to contribute to the development of specific recommendations for the two selected provinces.
- Provide inputs to SF team on selection of consultancy firm who will conduct detailed study and improvement process in the selected provinces.
- Provide technical support and advice during the implementation of the proposed recommendations at each selected province especially in developing networks, building relationship with all related stakeholders and monitoring and evaluation of the progress.
- Travel as necessary to support program design and implementation.
All work will be completed in full coordination with the selected consultancy firm and IFC Indonesia Sustainable Forestry Program team members.
C. Expected Deliverables / Outputs
The Consultant will:
- Produce a brief paper on land allocation process and social engagement initiatives in Indonesia.
- Produce short Monitoring and Evaluation (MnE) reports every 6 months to monitor the work progress in each selected site.
- Attend meetings with and provide inputs to related stakeholders at provincial/district level, stakeholders based in Jakarta and with IFC Sustainable Forestry program as required.
D. Acceptance of Deliverables
Report and activities are submitted or conducted within timeline. Anticipated delays/revisions should be communicated at least 30 days in advance.
E. Expected Qualification:
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience, government advisory background is strongly preferred.
- Experience working on land use, social engagement or company-community development issue, especially at sub-national level.
- Considerable experience in regulatory reform areas and a vast network of stakeholders (e.g. local government, business association, etc).
- Strong analytical skills, research and writing abilities.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
F. Special Terms & Conditions / Specific Criteria
- The position is based in Jakarta with a requirement for domestic travel.
- All documents are to be sent to IFC Indonesia with attention to Ms. Rahajeng Pratiwi (see the detail address below), and soft copies are to be sent through email to rpratiwi, cc to: esesamie.
Please submit your application to esesamie. Closing date for applications is January 19, 2010. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted.