Lowongan Kerja UNICEF
Indonesia has made significant progress towards achieving its basic education targets. However, while the country as a whole is on track to broadly achieve the second Millennium Development Goal (MDG)
- Responsible to provide overall technical and managerial support to the planning, programming and implementation of the UNICEF’ supported Education and Adolescent Development programme in Papua and West Papua.
- Develop AusAid sectoral workplan and formulate, implement and monitor key activities, ensuring alignment with country priorities and approaches defined in the programme strategy. More specifically:
- Provide technical support to Government authorities in developing their capacity in data collection, priorities identification and preparation of budgeted education operational plans
- Provide support to the development of stimulus packages to improve access to quality education in primary schools.
- Provide strategic oversight of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and contribute to related reports. Ensure quality control of the various baselines, surveys and mappings planned under the AusAid proposal.
- Bring coherence and synergy between the Education programme and other relevant sectors of UNICEF’s assistance to Government.
- Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify potential bottlenecks and new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve Education programme objectives.
- Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of the programme implementation and conduct periodic programme reviews with key partners and stakeholders to identify good practices and gaps/bottlenecks and recommend appropriate follow-up actions.
- Responsible for leading and managing a group of professional and support staff to develop manage and administer the programme.
- Provide strategic and operational support to the AusAid Program Steering Committee, as required.
- Any other tasks, as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience :
- Relevant post graduate level qualifications in education, preferably with a focus on educational leadership and management, policy development and analysis.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the education sector including policy development, strategic education planning and management of policy implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenge for Indonesia’s education sector in reaching its targets for Education for All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goals (MDG)
- Previous experience in working in decentralized government structures at national and sub-national level
- Demonstrated skills in management of projects/programs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Previous experience working in the region and knowledge of Bahasa Indonesian is a strong asset.
How to apply
Please send application, CV & full curriculum vitae, updated Personal History P11 form and latest Performance Evaluations to jakartahr at unicef.org (Reference Code: RW_83697W-71)