NGO Vacancy : TNC – Papua
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to preserve the plants, animals, and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive
The Conservancy (TNC) is seeking to recruit:
COMMUNICATIONS AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR
THE NATURE CONSERVANCY – RAJA AMPAT PROGRAM
The Communications and Education Coordinator is responsible for implementing conservation awareness and education campaigns in the Raja Ampat Regency, particularly in helping local stakeholders understand the ecological and economic importance of marine protected areas.Coordinator will research, write/edit and produce a wide range of communications materials, including fact sheets, brochures, study guides, newsletters, magazine articles, slide shows and multimedia presentations and web content. S/he will coordinate external presentations and public events and provide on-the-job training and capacity building to outreach teams as well as partners. S/he willcoordinate TNC’s involvement in the “Kalabia” conservation and education program, and will develop a strong working relationship with our partners, to ensure the success of this program.
· Bachelor’s degree in biological science, natural resources management, communication or education. Masters decree in any of these fields is an advantage.
· At least 5 years experience in communication, conservation education, community development, social/education science or natural resources management projects.
· Familiarity with the political and cultural environment of Raja Ampat, or Papua in general.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills (in Bahasa Indonesia and English), including public-speaking skills.
· Experience producing high quality education and outreach materials.
· Experience developing and implementing communications and media relations strategies to increase and sustain public awareness of conservation issues is a plus.
· Excellent organizational and proof-reading skills.
· Willingness to travel 30-50% of the time.
· Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain. Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
Please submit your application to: recruitment. indo@tnc. org not later 11 June 2010.
|Kofiau Project Leader, Indonesia Marine Program – based in Sorong, Papua
Essential Functions: Provides leadership to a site-based project team involved in Marine Protected Area (MPA), development at a site to be determined in the Raja Ampat Islands , West Papua . Project modules will include MPA design and program planning, implementation of MPA management in coordination with local partners, evaluation and measuring of success, coordination of surveillance with local authorities, biological and social monitoring, community outreach and communications. S/he will work closely with the marine portfolio manager on the development of annual work plans, budgets, reports and fundraising proposals.
Qualifications: Preferably Master’s degree in marine resources management or comparable discipline, and 5-10 years experience in environmental conservation. Experience in coastal and marine conservation management, Knowledgeable on policy and advocacy work in the era of decentralized governing system in Indonesia and manage performance of a large multi-disciplinary team.
Please submit your application to : recruitment. indo
Applications close on June 11, 2010