Lowongan GIS Specialist – Greepeace
GIS Specialist, This position will together with Forest Mapping Team to develop and produce the mapping elements of our campaign materials in conjunction GPSEA Forest Team and the International Campaign Team in the Amazon and Russia regions.
Deadline for Applications: December 14 , 2011
Department : Campaigns
Reports to : Forest Mapping Team Leader
1. Issue Development
- Develop and increase GPSEA GIS capacity in building development plan for the Mapping Unit. The process may include collaboration with other stakeholders (Universities/other NGOs etc).
- Identify other mapping projects/initiatives in Indonesia that have direct relevance for our campaign and provide this information in a timely manner
- Build and maintain GIS and mapping networking among NGOs and other stakeholders in which are involved in projects related to emission reductions.
- Communicate and update team members on the projects and proactively identify areas for potential collaboration with other stakeholders
3. GPI and Campaign Liaison
- Provide information to GPSEA Forest Team, International Research Coordinator, Climate Team and mapping departments in the Amazon and Russia (whenever necessary) in timely and accurate
- Ensure production of maps and satellite images with necessary analysis in accurate and timely manner
Skills required / qualifications
- Advanced academic qualification in Global Information System (GIS)
- Minimum of seven years proven expertise and knowledge in mapping
- Good spoken and written skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Experience of cross-cultural working environment – “an internationalist”
- Demonstrate commitment to environmental/peace issues
- Experience in small team management
- Jobs.id . Please complete all items in the application form as this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.